What questions should you ask an exterminator?
- What products do you use
- How does the chemical work
- How long will the chemical last
- Are the chemicals safe for my family
- Where will you be spraying the chemicals
How do I prepare for a pest control visit?
- Remove clothing items from flooring areas
- Move items away from skirting boards
- Move all pet food and water bowls
- Remove clothes from the washing line
- Cover all footwear that is outside
- Close all windows
- Mop and vacuum any flooring areas
What time of the year is best for pest control?
The warmer months are usually best as there are more bugs around and it is peak breeding season and bugs are more active but that doesn’t mean that pest control during the colder months is not effective as the residual of the chemical can last anywhere up to 18 months on a surface.
How often do you really need pest control?
Pests sprays work most effective when keeping up annual sprays. Not allowing the chemical to break down completely is key to achieving long lasting results and a bug free environment all year round.